Herbs of Gold Activated Folate 500 contains methylfolate (5-MTHF), the metabolically active form of folate.
- Activated Folate 500 contains Quatrafolic a glucosamine salt providing 500mcg 5-MTHF.
- Folic acid is a synthetic form of folate that is metabolised in the body to produce 5-MTHF by the enzyme methylenetetrahydrofolate reductase (MTHFR).
- Quatrafolic demonstrates a high solubility in water which facilitates absorption by mucosal cells for further circulation in the blood.
- 5-MTHF is a good form for folate supplementation for people with lower activity of the MTHFR enzyme. Its also a good alternative to folic acid supplementation as it does not mask vitamin B12 deficiency symptoms.
- Activated Folate 500 supports brain health, cognitive function and memory.
- Activated Folate 500 supports cardiovascular health by helping to reduce homocysteine levels in the body. It also assists red blood cell production and supports blood health.
- Activated Folate 500 supports healthy foetal development.
- Activated Folate 500 supports emotional wellbeing and helps prevent dietary folate deficiency.
- Vegan friendly
Each capsule contains:
|Levomefolate glucosamine (Quatrefolic)||1.052mg|
|equiv. Levomefolic acid (5-MTHF) 500 micrograms|
Does not contain egg, milk, peanut, soy, tree nuts, animal products, gluten, lactose or artificial colours, flavours or preservatives.
Adults and children over 12 years - Take 1 capsule daily, with food, or as directed by your health professional.
Advise your doctor of any medicine you take during pregnancy, particularly in your first trimester.Vitamin supplements should not replace a balanced diet.
We currently ONLY ship within Australia. All prices listed are in Australian dollar.
If you are within a 15km radius of our store, we have a complimentary free delivery for our customers.
*minimum order is $150.
*orders must be placed latest by Thursday 10am.