- Non-greasy formula thats readily absorbed and easy to apply to the muscles and joints
- White turmeric is traditionally used to relieve pain (including pain associated with soft tissue trauma) in Chinese medicine
- Arnica is traditionally used in Western herbal medicine to relieve muscle pain and soreness, for example due to sprains and strains
- Menthol relieves mild pain and inflammation of the muscles and joints
- Also contains magnesium and wintergreen oil
* White turmeric (also known as zedoary) is traditionally used topically in Chinese medicine to relieve symptoms of soft tissue injuries, including pain.
In Chinese medicine, pain is believed to occur when blood is unable to flow freely around the body; white turmeric is traditionally applied to affected areas to promote healthy circulation and get the blood moving as it should.
* Arnica has been used topically since at least the 16th Century in Western herbal medicine, where its traditionally applied to relieve symptoms of painful sprains and strains, and mild joint and muscle inflammation1.
*Menthol is a naturally occurring substance found in peppermint and some other members of the mint or Mentha genus of plants2.
It has a cooling effect when applied to the skin, initially stimulating pain receptors in the area and then desensitising them (reducing their sensitivity or ˜turning them off). As a result, it relieves inflammation and decreases mild joint and muscle pain and soreness.
*Wintergreen is a shrub that grows in North America. Its oil has a pleasant aroma and is rich in a compound called methyl salicylate, which is related to salicylic acid3,4.References
- Widrig, R. et al. Rheumatol Int, 2007;27(6):585-91.
- Finch, P.M. & Drummond, P.D. Pain Manag, 2015;5359-71.
- Hebert, P.R. et al. J Altern Complement Med, 2014;20(4):219-20.
- Zampieron, E. Int J Complement Alt Med, 2015;1(4):97-102.
Each gram contains:
|Arnica (Arnica montana) flower 2mg, dry equiv.||20mg|
|White turmeric (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 5mg, dry equiv.||50mg|
|Wintergreen oil 55.56mg, equiv. to methyl salicylate||50mg|
|Menthol (from peppermint oil)||25mg|
|Magnesium (as magnesium chloride hexahydrate)||8.37mg|
Always read the label. Follow the directions for use. If symptoms persist, worsen or change unexpectedly, talk to your health professional.
Adults: Massage a thin layer into affected area(s) up to four times a day. Do not use on broken or damaged skin.
For external use only. Contains methyl salicylate. Do not use this product if pregnant, likely to become pregnant, breastfeeding or in children 6 years of age or less. If you have sensitive skin, test this product on a small area of skin before applying to a large area. If irritation develops, discontinue use. Avoid contact with eyes. Application to skin may increase sensitivity to sun, avoid prolonged sun exposure. If symptoms persist, talk to your health professional. Contains ethanol 20%(w/w). Store below 30Ã‚°C. Do not use if seal on tube is broken. Keep out of reach of children.
We currently ONLY ship within Australia. All prices listed are in Australian dollar.
If you are within a 15km radius of our store, we have a complimentary free delivery for our customers.
*minimum order is $150.
*orders must be placed latest by Thursday 10am.